
A good friend told me the other day, "I really like Jared." I responded jokingly with a sarcastic, "Why?" But inwardly, a million reasons to love my brother-in-law ran through my mind. The biggest? I'll summarize it with a mental snapshot I took last night:
I went to their institute class in Provo with VoNique & Jared. When I'd gotten there from WJ it had already started, so I sat in the back. What I saw was far from unusual, but I couldn't help but smile. Their shoulders were leaning on each other. Both were listening intently, but their heads were ever so slightly cocked toward each other. Jared, like always, had his hand on VoNique.
My favorite is when Jared hugs me goodbye. I don't know if he knows it, but I always laugh to myself. It's more like a long distance hand pat. I love it, because I know his best hugs are saved for my little sister.
This morning as I was driving, I thought about them, and my brothers-in-law Paul, & Jim. They are each so different, but have such wonderful qualities in common. They are stalwart, kind, full of faith, dedicated fathers (and father-to-someday-be!), self-motivated and hardworking. I love that they each make me laugh. But mostly? I love and admire them for how they love my sisters and take care of their hearts. That is the best thing a sister could ask for!
























1 comment:
Awww! Thanks Neeshy! I got a little teary.
Post a Comment