Friday, April 11, 2008

God Bless the U.S.A.


I've never been one to claim that America is perfect. But I am very proud to be an American, and love this country very much! I am so grateful to you who have served or are serving our country. Thank you for all you do and all you have sacrificed!

You should hear my second graders singing God Bless the USA (Proud to be an American). It gives me shivers every time and even makes me teary. (Sometimes after school I play songs on the piano, and some of the kids stay and gather around me and we sing--"just one more". I love to be surrounded by their sweet voices!)

I love falling asleep watching the gigantic Macey's flag blowing in the wind from my window. I love the Fourth of July. I love being born on the day of Paul Revere's (and William Dawes') ride.

God Bless the USA! (And the rest of the world, too. =o) )

No comments: