Monday, July 28, 2008

4th of July, Part I: No Place Like Home

Have you ever had a moment when you realized there is no other place you'd rather be? In the middle of making this giant sea turtle with my sister, next to my nieces and nephews who were constructing the most intricate (and historically accurate, according to my 7-year-old Jackson nephew) sand castle you just may have ever seen, I thought that very thing. There is nothing I'd rather be doing today. There are no people I'd rather be with (though there were some who it would have been great to have join us there!). And in that moment I realized, that's probably the best feeling to be felt in this life. At least, it's my favorite to date.

(Yo, Vo. Notice Ryan's choice of bucket... =oP )

A more perfect combination I couldn't have asked for. My fun family together (lots of us) on one of my 2 favorite holidays.

Siblings present: RaNae, Brett & Nancy, Barry & Rita, Gordon, JaNel & Paul, Jason & Jen, VoNique & Jared. (We missed you Brad & Julie, JD & Colleen, and Aaron & Donna!) Nieces & nephews present: Ryan & Ashley, Josh, Ben, Marlana, Bradley, Elizabeth, Maryam, Olivia, Sarah, Jackson, Elise, Aimee, Leo, Jaylyn, and Jason's new family: Kaitlyn, and Koby. (Missed: 26 (and their families)!) And my wonderful Dad!


1 comment:

VoNique said...

I loved that reunion! It was perfect!