I love today. Christmas is magical. I don't care that it's technically not the real day of Christ's birth, and am of course not a fan of the immense commercialism. I love that this season turns this world--in sin and error pining--to Christ, our perfect Hope! I love that it brings families together. I love that people are drawn to serve each other. I love the peacefulness of the blanket of white over the town with the glimmer of lights outlining homes in which families are baking and laughing and singing and just loving. I even love the stormy weather right now, for "trapping" me indoors with my cute sister's family, Christmas carols, and my new cozy scarf! =o)
I'm grateful for the time of personal reflection today on the things God has blessed me with in my life. (I didn't feel like watching a movie, so I've had 2 hours to myself.) I've read the words of Christ, reflected in my journal, and read the words of the prophets about Christ. As this year draws to a close, I wonder how God sees that I've used it. It's felt like a year of healing for me, and I'm grateful for that, and for the people in my life who have helped make it so. I feel it in my bones that 2009 is a year of progression. 2007=hell (excuse my French. It's true.), 2008=healing, 2009=progression. I believe there are blessings in store. I believe God is with us through every trial.
I felt that again today as I read in Ether: Jared and his brother's families are traveling to the promised land. The storms raged and they were tossed upon the waves of the sea...in a wind which served a purpose...here, read for yourself:
"And it came to pass that the Lord God caused that there should be a furious wind blow upon the face of the waters, towards the promised land; and thus they were tossed upon the waves of the sea before the wind.
And it came to pass that they were many times buried in the depths of the sea...and there was no water that could hurt them...therefore when they were encompassed about by many waters they did cry unto the Lord, and he did bring them forth again upon the top of the waters.
And it came to pass that the wind did never cease to blow towards the promised land while they were upon the waters...and they did sing praises unto the Lord...and [they] did thank and praise the Lord all the day long; and when the night came, they did not cease to praise the Lord."
I believe that the storms in my life serve a purpose. I believe that when the winds rage, they are ultimately blowing me toward a promised land. I know God is with us. I know He lives! I know He was born, lived and died...and most importantly, rose again!...for the salvation of all mankind. I believe if I give my will to Him and live in accordance with the truths He reveals to me, I will one day return to Him. I want more than anything to live a life pleasing unto Him, to handle my challenges with grace, to be merciful and generous and forgiving of others, and to give and live my life to its fullest!
In remembrance of the most important life ever lived, and in gratitude for the hope and light He is to the world, I wish you and your families a memorable and peaceful holiday season.
Merry Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
























1 comment:
That was nice Neeshy. I guess it's ok that you didn't watch the movie with us then. I feel the same way about my trials. I know I'm growing from them, but it can be hard to see and keep that perspective while you're in the middle of all of it. Thanks for the cute presents. We really like them. I'm glad we've got to see you so much!
Post a Comment