Monday, April 27, 2009
I Don't Wanna Go Through the Motions
This song helped me get over myself today. I heard on the radio K-Love, of course, that a boy posted this on his Facebook page and vowed to 'give everything', then died in a car wreck the same day. 6 friends stood up at his funeral and accepted Christ in their life because of how this boy lived. Whatever religion you are, there is something for each of us to overcome and get past, push through, rise above, find purpose in.
I vow to live my life with no regrets! I won't get to the end of my life and ask, "What if I had given everything?" This life is it. We get one shot at it. I've got dreams to reach and people God puts in my sphere of influence to help, and energy to burn (less than I'd like, but energy, nonetheless).
My friend and I were talking yesterday. "You need to get out and get some of this sunshine," he said. "What sunshine? Nothing but clouds out there," I retorted, dripping with sarcasm and layers in my response. "There wouldn't be any light at all out there at all if the sun wasn't up. You're a teacher. You don't know that?" I stared out at the cloudy day and realized I was being stupid and he was right =o). (I love friends like that. Snap you out of your idiocy with one smart retort.) Even cloudy days...are days. With sunlight, even, if we will recognize it. What good am I missing in this experience by only allowing the trial to fill my view? Seriously. Get over it, VeNicia. God is Love, and Life is Good!
lyrics:
This might hurt, it's not safe
But I know that I've gotta make a change
I don't care if I break,
At least I'll be feeling something
'Cause just okay is not enough
Help me fight through the nothingness of life
I don't wanna go through the motions
I don't wanna go one more day
without Your all consuming passion inside of me
I don't wanna spend my whole life asking,
"What if I had given everything,
instead of going through the motions?"
No regrets, not this time
I'm gonna let my heart defeat my mind
Let Your love make me whole
I think I'm finally feeling something
'Cause just okay is not enough
Help me fight through the nothingness of this life
'Cause I don't wanna go through the motions
I don't wanna go one more day
without Your all consuming passion inside of me
I don't wanna spend my whole life asking,
"What if I had given everything,
instead of going through the motions?"
take me all the way (take me all the way)
take me all the way ('cause I don't wanna go through the motions)
take me all the way (I know I'm finally feeling something real)
take me all the way
I don't wanna go through the motions
I don't wanna go one more day
without Your all consuming passion inside of me
I don't wanna spend my whole life asking,
"What if I had given everything,
instead of going through the motions?"
I don't wanna go through the motions
I don't wanna go one more day
without Your all consuming passion inside of me
I don't wanna spend my whole life asking,
"What if I had given everything,
instead of going through the motions?"
take me all the way (take me all the way)
take me all the way (I don't wanna go, I don't wanna go)
take me all the way (through the motions)
take me all the way
I don't wanna go through the motions
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
























1 comment:
Thanks for the good reminder. Life can feel pretty hard sometimes.
Post a Comment