
The sweet words of the hymn I love written by President Gordon Hinckley, and which I got to sing this Easter Sunday:
What is this thing that men call death,/ This quiet passing in the night?/ 'Tis not the end but genesis/ Of better worlds and greater light.
O God, touch Thou my aching heart/ And calm my troubled, haunting fears./ Let hope and faith, transcendent, pure,/ Give strength and peace beyond my tears.
There is no death, but only change,/ With recompense for victr'y won./ The gift of Him who loved all men,/ The Son of God, the Holy One.
I love this humble, remarkable man of God. I believe he is a Prophet. Yet I know he is a man, so it is surprising to me that it is surprising to me that he feels the way I do sometimes, too. It is somehow very comforting to know.
I know my Savior lives. I know He lives! I know we would be astounded beyond description at the depth and immensity of the Love He has for us. I love the glimpses of it I have felt in my life and am so grateful that He reminds me of it. I know there is more to be felt, and that is what keeps me thirsting for His goodness in my life.
One of my favorite scriptures: "But behold, the Lord hath redeemed my soul from hell; I have beheld His glory and I am encircled about eternally in the arms of His love." (2 Nephi 1:15) What an incredible, fulfilling, excitingly, deeply joyful feeling!
























1 comment:
thanks for you testimony it was sweet to head the words of that special song too. I hope you are having a wonderful Easter, lots of Love
Nicole
Post a Comment