I may have just witnessed the sweetest little Family Home Evening ever.My littlest niece (in this family)--Aimee--conducted the meeting. Elise led the family in the scriptures they're memorizing, and then each person chose one to recite from memory. Every single one of them did it! (Jackson, Elise, and little Aimee! Not Leo, I guess.) Knowing Paul & JaNel, the scriptures chosen are philosophy-of-life scriptures, and what they not only hope their children will put to memory, but what they believe would change their corner of the world if they could all live. (I assume this, I suppose, because I think that when I hear these scriptures.)
Paul read a story from the Friend, our church's children's magazine, and then introduced the idea of having a "That Was Nice!" jar, where each of them will notice others doing nice things and write it (or tell a person who can write) and put it into the jar to be read at the next Family Home Evening. Their little faces beamed when they read what Paul had already submitted to the jar about them. (It made me want to use one and focus on the positive more with my second graders.)
I got to be the music lady. I taught them songs and recorded them on their piano so they can practice singing when I'm not there. My sweet nieces always come to sit by me when I play, and I love singing with them. (Jackson and I have also been working on "Fur...insert umlauts... Elise", which Elise thinks is especially perfect.)
As if it weren't nice enough already, we ended with Jackson's treat of choice, milk-dunked Oreos.
I can't tell you how sweet it is to have a family like this to call my own! I sure love those guys.
























1 comment:
Awwww! Was that last Monday night? Sis night was fun last night. Your little kittens are so flippin cute! I think we should go out for Gilato nex time!
Post a Comment