There is a huge feeling of accomplishment that accompanies the wrapping up of a school year. Particularly one as challenging as this one... And yet, it is somehow still bittersweet. You really get to know children well being with them 6 1/2 hours a day for 180 days. We've worked hard, these kids and I. We've had an incredible amount of fun. We've learned--hopefully a lot (I guess we'll see what the sacred CRTs say when I get results back =o) ...as if that's the only indicator of learning...) I was excited to find at the end-of-level benchmarking that some of their reading levels are off the charts!
Fun Memory:
Sierra, cleaning out her desk at recess, singing a song from our program: "'If we hold on together, I know our dreams will never die. Dreams see us through to forever as high as souls can fly where clouds roll by for you and I!'...I love school! School is gRRRRRRRREAT! I love school and school loves me. We are as happy as can be! Do YOU love school?" Me, getting no work done during this recess, just listening with a smile: "I love school when you are here!"
























2 comments:
I bet this was bitter-sweet for you. I've never had my own classroom, except for the afterschool program this year--and I only had them for an hour, I can only imagine how hard it is to say goodbye.
Will you be at the same school next year? Will you possibly get to see them again?
Luckheee! I want the summer off!
Post a Comment