Saturday, December 20, 2008

Who You Are

by Hillary Weeks (my heroine...who I recently got to meet! I had my camera but was felt too silly asking for a picture. Lame.)

There is something so beautiful in who she is that radiates through her music. I have listened to her every Sunday since I first heard "He Hears Me" performed at a fireside in high school. There are many weeks (haha, weeks) I listen to her between Sundays, too, because her sweet voice and beautiful messages bring me peace. I don't think I've heard this song, actually, but I love the lyrics, which I just found. This is typical of us daughters of God, I believe.

President Monson's message at Women's Conference at BYU in May has stayed with me. The feeling, mostly, that God loves us, that we focus on what we have yet to accomplish and let ourselves get down about it, but He sees our progress, and so should we take the time to recognize it, too. And LIVE TODAY! I'm trying my best to love each day of my life...for the goodness, or...growth...it brings. Sometimes it seems like there are more days of stretching than goodness. But I know in the end, it's all good[ness]. =o) cheesy. It's late. I should go to bed.

Here you go:

I know you wonder
If you'll ever have a day
Where the kids stay calm
The laundry's done
And the dishes are put away
And sometimes you feel like
Your days are spent and gone
And the question running through your mind
Is "What have I gotten done?"
And when you finally have a moment to slow down
At the end of your day I know Father would say
"Believe in what you're doing
Believe in who you are
And hold tight to the truth that you're a daughter of God
Believe in who you're becoming
Believe in who you are"

It may seem simple all the little things you do
But the lives you touch matter so much
And there's no one else like you
And Father needs you to stand tall and faithful
To be all you can be
If you could see what He sees

You'd believe in what you're doing
And you'd believe in who you are
So hold tight to the truth that you're a daughter of God
Believe in who you are becoming
Believe in who you are.

When it's hard to believe in yourself
And you feel like you're beginning to doubt
Remember...

He believes in what you're doing
And He believes in who you are
So don't lost sight of the truth
That you're a daughter of God
That He believes in who you're becoming
He believes in who you are

1 comment:

kieran said...

thank you for posting the words to this song, I too love Hillary Weeks. It's true, you go through your everyday duties and it's hard to feel that what you are doing is important or worth anything. I loved the part, "Believe in who you're becoming, Believe in who you are". I guess I am becoming some body by doing what I'm doing; and I am a child of God. Sometimes it's easy to forget.
Thank you for playing so great in primary. And no, you aren't fired for messing up in sacrament meeting!