About 5 months after each conference I start to feel like life is closing in around me. Then I realize conference is coming around again, and I feel so blessed! I spend the month preparing and thinking, and when it's conference weekend I'm so grateful! It's perfect timing. It always is.I need conference like the desert needs the rain. Like Jif needs Smuckers Low Sugar Strawberry Preserves. Like Cheree's [incredibly amazing] chocolate-caramel wonder bar things need organic 1% milk (Cheree, do you realize "Wunderbar" in German means wonderful? You need to include that word in your title.) Like armpits need deodorant (it's true) (it's not a hint, though). Like macaroni needs cheese. Like the Swedes need meatballs. Like Dezi needs Lucy. Like Vo needs chocolate sprinkles on chocolate syrup on chocolate ice cream on chocolate brownies with chocolate chunks. It's true.
What do I love about conference? Well, I love that the speakers choose their own topics, that I know they prayerfully consider what they are going to say, and that it turns out perfect. I love that everything is perfectly timed, perfectly executed. It shows immense planning and hard workers behind the scenes to have everything run so smoothly and effectively all around temple square, perhaps even the city, let alone throughout the conference center. I love that everyone dedicates their time and puts their heart in this conference...and doesn't make money off of it. They are not paid clergy-people. They love the Lord. And I love that it radiates through their messages and eyes.
Most of all, I love how my prayers are answered as I listen. I love how it rejuvenates me where I'm needing it m
ost. I love how I feel excited and renewed in my goals and life-planning. I love the fresh start that I feel I'm ready to make. I feel so grateful to be reminded of things I tend to slowly and unnoticeably forget. I love the power of soft spoken words. I love how I walk away feeling like my life's trajectory has just been realigned, and my thinking is more in tune with the Spirit and my heart is more in line with Christ's, and I am closer to God. I love the feeling of love...I know that God loves me and is with me and hears me. Somehow...I just know it more after conference. I am grateful for the good people who live their lives so closely to the Spirit who lead this church. They are good. They are dedicated. They are people of God. I am grateful for a living prophet! God loves us so much to bless us with a living prophet to guide us through our time on earth. He still speaks to us. I am grateful for modern-day revelation. How much we need it in this world.I have lots more reflections. But this will need to do for now. =o) What do you like about conference? Which talk(s) did you like?
























3 comments:
Hi Venicia,
It was great to hear from you...and I love your comments about conference...I didnt get to see all of it...but I hope to catch up on what I missed! It was crazy carrying twins...but I am so glad that they are here and I cant believe that they are mine! And Johns too of course...but I just cant belive that they came out of my belly!! I look at them now and they have gotten so much bigger...I cant believe that they are already 3 months old. I love reading your blog and I love the pictures too! Do you still live in Utah...does your sis live here too? I would love to meet you again...I know that we were introduced back in the days when John and I were dating...but that seems like a zillion years ago! Anyway I hope this isnt the longest most boring comment that you have ever had! But its great to hear from you and keep checking in on the blog I am going to try and get it up to date so that I can put the pictures up of the girls that I took today of them at 3 months...they are so cute...so be patient with me im gettin' there! *Rachel
Wow you just said everything I felt but couldn't express about conference. Thanks :) I feel like every talk touched on something I needed but my favorite was President Monson's talk about change. It's always good to be reminded of what's important and to live life and better yourself for the future. I don't want to wake up tomorrow with a bunch of empty yesterdays. Thanks for your blog!
Hi Nicia! I hope you're having a nice day. I missed you while I was gone. I need my sister!
Post a Comment