Sunday, October 19, 2008

Laughter, the Best Medicine

Okay. If you catch the lame-o head cold that's going around, here's what you do. Eat some fabulous maple and brown sugar organic oatmeal for breakfast with a 1/2 jug of OJ. Take Airborne, echinacea, extra vitamin c, and toss in a multi-vitamin and vitamin e for good measure. Oh, and go to Cheree's house because she will give you zinc tablets (which are not sold at Macey's) that Mindi says are gross, but you know. They make you feel good. Then you eat chicken noodle soup and 1/2 jug of OJ for dinner while listening to Angels and Demons, which is so intense it almost makes you forget where you are, let alone that you're sick.

Here's what you DON'T do: DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT buy the cheap brand of Nyquil, even if you're the one that catches it mis-priced at Macey's for 2 for $2.99 and they give it to you at that price anyway. PAY the $10 for the good stuff. Really.

Which brings me to my next segment, called REALLY?! WIth Seth and Amy. (Which is what you watch if you actually didn't listen to me, bought the cheap-no-name-Nyquil-knock-off--I don't know how these alliterations come to me, they just do--and now you're up in the middle of the night blowing your nose every 8 seconds.)

LISTEN, this is HIL-AR-I-OUS. If you don't have time to watch the whole thing, PLEASE do yourself a favor and watch the last 2 minutes. Because, of course...LAUGHTER, my friend, is the best medicine! REALLY!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

AMEN to avoiding the no-name brand of Nyquil at Macey's. Every time I send Wally to get my Nyquil, he comes home with Western Family and it DOES NOT WORK. I hope you feel better soon!!!!!

Lindsay said...

I'm so sorry you're sick!!!

And I LOVED Sarah Palin on SNL last night. So hilarious!!