Saturday, January 3, 2009

Soldier's Hollow

So, I'm motivated to write more about this day now (as opposed to just leaving the pics here), seeing as Michael, my cute Lindsay niece's husband has written more about this on their blog about this than I did =o) which I think is funny. Not that I'm sexist. Michael can blog.

Anywho. This day was very fun. Happy birthday, Nique & Jared! I love how since you have December birthdays you can milk it for parties November through January. I'm pretty sure we can fit in some more this month, what do you think?! =o) My cute Lindsay niece and VoNique sister.
Friend (cool friend who got us in for free. Maybe I shouldn't say that without blurring his face so my many blog followers don't stalk him =o) jk.), Lindsay & Michael, Jared & Vo, me, Ashley & my Ryan nephew, friendly people.

























Cool story (true, cool story) (and no wintery pun intended): We were doing two lanes of double-tube competition. Lane 1: Ryan and VoNique. Lane 2: Ash & me. ("Lane Meyer. What an awesome spectacle.") Ryan and Ash have a theory on fastest tube-racing strategies, and therefore competed as pushers. So Ryan kicked butt and we were eating their dust (aka ice chips)...then, very Men's-Olympic-Swimming-Team-like, we came out of nowhere and closed the gap like nothin' and won it in the end by a fingernail. It was intense. And forevermore, Ashley has earned the nickname of Phelps. (Some sort of inexplicable kicking strategies mixed with push-away-and-crash-tubes...I don't know what it was. I was even right there. But wow. I'm telling ya. The woman's got mad skills.) Fun times =o)

3 comments:

Ash said...

wow! you were fast getting those up! we're all so cute it's just disgusting don't you think?

Lindsay said...

Ooh, very fast! Michael tried to compete with you on our blog, but I think you beat him. =) And I don't think he put up the one of me, you, and Vo, so I'll have to email it to you... Definitely no games at our place tomorrow...very sad. But I loved seeing you today!

VoNique said...

I'm so glad you came! It was so much fun! We'll have to do it again sometime! I love you!