Thursday, September 25, 2008

Tangent Turned Topic (nice alliteration, wouldn't you say?)

I wish I could write read like the Micro-Machine Man speaks.

Do you remember the Micro-Machine Man? I just realized that kids today don't even know the Micro-Machine Man. We can't let these things die. Pass them on to your children! These things are important. Fat Albert. Different Strokes. Punky Brewster. The Love Boat. Magnum P.I.. Remington Steele. Scarecrow & Mrs. King. Rainbow Brite. Fraggle Rock. Condorman. Xanadu. Ferris Beuller's Day Off. Better Off Dead. Gilligan's Island. Growing Pains. Fresh Prince. Saved By the Bell. Family Ties. Mr. Belvedere. Now that I think about it, maybe things would be going better for me this week if Charles were in Charge of my days and my nights.






Man, don't you miss good shows like that?
And songs like this and this before shows like that?
For you, Niquey =o) Ahh, memories...

Sidenote on my tangent...In high school I took two yellow rubber gloves from under the kitchen sink, cut off the fingers and stored them in my glove compartment for the perfect occasion...very much Lane-Meyer-like (John Cusack..."what an awesome spectacle"). I pulled up at a stop light next to my wonderful friend and future roomie, Christine, and was inspired to pull them out and snap them, revving my engine with a glare much like the one in the picture. (Miss you, Toots! 'Bout due for a girls' night, eh?) My mom was not amused when she was looking for her gloves and I told her what I had done with them. I went out that night to buy replacements for her with the fingers in tact. (I thought it was funny.)

What was I saying? Oh, yeah. I wish I could read super fast. Too many books, so little time, I always say... =o)

What else do you remember?!
Found a fabulous clip if you have more time. It will leave you wanting mo, fo sho! =o) Brad Pitt on Growing Pains. Nique, I need the season.

4 comments:

VoNique said...

You can borrow Growing Pains AFTER you finish the Office. Now get to work!

Michael said...

Too bad I've only heard of like, 20% of the things you mentioned. Kids today...haha.

Lindsay said...

That was me, not Michael...Lindsay, it was Lindsay.

VeNicia said...

Amber Starkey Peterson says: Night Court. Just thought I'd add that. I vaguely remember it. I do remember bald Bull. That's about it.