
This is a documentary called "Invisible Children". If you have not seen it...
I want to tell you that you must. But you don't have to.
You'd no doubt wonder like me...
...why American forces aren't here.
...why we haven't heard more about this in our country.
...who we need to petition to see that something gets done.
...what in heaven's name can I do? Anything--give me a job!
...why 55 minutes ago your problems seemed so big.
...how you're going to sleep tonight without doing something.
I have got to think of a job.
http://freedocumentaries.org/film.php?id=114
http://www.invisiblechildren.com/home.php
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/5126120.stm
"Freedom is the oxygen of the soul."
~Moshe Dayan
"Despite the fact that these children live each day in a completely desperate situation, without an end to this war in sight, they somehow, someway find hope. They choose joy. And that is what Africa is about." ~Jason Russell
























1 comment:
That movie made me cry. A lot. So very sad. Makes me want to go change the world, or something big. There is so much sadness. I can't even imagine how much it would take to stop the war, provide homes and education and clothes and food for all the children, and treat all the physical and mental illnesses. That is one tough job ahead. Thanks for sharing this, Venicia!
Post a Comment