Wednesday, May 7, 2008

One World, Everyone Eats

If you have never eaten at the Salt Lake City cafe, "One World, Everyone Eats", it's time, my friend! Why did I fall in love with it from the first time we met? Let me count the ways.

10. It smells and feels like Portland's Saturday Market on Burnside.
9. Everything's organic. (I try everything at once and it doesn't wig out my stomach.)
8. You'd never think to make any of this stuff at home.
7. They'll give you as much of anything and everything you want.
6. You pay what you feel like it's worth when you're finished.
5. Volunteers earn a full meal voucher after 1 hour of work there (yard maintenance, cleaning, serving...anything) and that includes any of their children under 8.
4. You can wear your most outrageous outfit and look like the most conservative person in the place.
3. Pirates are welcome.
2. It's as close as I've felt to traveling without leaving my city.
1. Guaranteed to meet fun, friendly and fascinating people.

My sis, JaNel & I went there tonight. Everyone who walked in was hugging. Finally I asked the guys at the table next to us if there was some event going on, or if they really just hug everyone but JaNel & I who walks in. They laughed and both came over to remedy the situation. It turns out there was a birthday party (to which we were then invited). Pirate style, of course. =o)

2 comments:

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

that place sounds awesome. do you really just pay what you feel it is worth? very cool!

VeNicia said...

Yes, though there is a suggested donation amount depending on the number of sides/main dishes/dessert/drink/etc. It is a very fun place!