There is something about being involved with music that is deeply fulfilling to me. I have played since I was 10, was drum major in high school, and also played in the pit orchestra in the school musical My Fair Lady. Mom and Dad and VoNique always came to my concerts and we would go out for ice-cream afterward to celebrate. I played in the UVSC orchestra and band until I really had to focus on my major and put music on hold.
All of the sudden it had been a decade and I was seriously missing music in my life! (Other than singing in the car and while cleaning my house, of course.) So when I heard about the West Jordan Symphony I joined--almost quit out of frustration of remembering a time when I was better--and have stuck with it thanks to the encouragement and patience of the symphony members. =o) Since Mama passed away it has somehow been very healing and I know she would be glad I'm playing again. I hope she was there tonight. I missed her gushing when I was done and going out to ice-cream.
(Side comments: 1) Russian Easter Overture was my favorite! There is so much energy in that song. Very fun to play! 2) The mayor and his wife came tonight. He complimented me, though I'm sure he'd have done that whether it was good or bad. =o) )
























3 comments:
Wow, Venicia, I didn't know how amazingly talented you are! I'm sorry we missed your performance tonight--we attended my niece's play and the kids loved it. Maybe we can go to the symphony next time--good for you for continuing to play!
Yay for Russian Easter Overture! :)
I wish I could have been there! We should go to ice cream after your next performance. I miss Mom.
Post a Comment