"Usually ladies come in here with a guy..." Skyler said, with thinly veiled surprise. (Somehow this made the experience more fulfilling.) He asked me to show him how I'd hold my gun. I did. "Perfect," he said. Then he asked my cousin Kathy and my sister VoNique:
They think they're pret-ty funny. (I do, too, actually.)
My first 3 shots with a weapon! The first was the one in the orange circle on the face. The second was the one in the orange circle on the chest. The third was the one in the light green circle on the face. You want me on your side, my friend.
VoNique's target. Don't ask her how close it was. And don't ask her if she [wo]manhandled it afterward.
Yes, this is me after having shot an M16! Holy cow that sucker packs a punch! (In many ways...$22,000 is ridiculously close to a first year teacher's salary in the state of Utah...)
Then we went to Cheesecake Factory. Love my sistah's nights! Have to say, we sure had...a blast! (That joke is attributed to Kathy. She'd get mad at me if she heard me take credit for that one again.)
























5 comments:
Why doesn't JaNel have a gun?? Looks like you guys had fun!
Haha, you ask a good question, Linds. JaNel doesn't have a weapon because she is fahahar from republican =o) No pictures of her with a weapon exist to my knowledge to this day. She says she'd have a hard time explaining to her children where she went for sister's night when they aren't allowed to use sticks as guns. My favorite: On the target she refused to hit the person. She aimed for the circles outside the outline of the body. I love it!! =o) (Quite frankly, I think it's because she saw my first three shots and knew she didn't stand a chance, and you know how competitive she is...she needed a good excuse!)
That was super fun! We should do boy stuff for girl's night more often!
Great shots! Wow! I will have to remember never to break into your house! ;-)
I am traveling a lot this summer. I am in Washington right now. I am going to be in Utah for a day then back to Arizona. From there I am going to Texas than Mexico. It should be a lot of fun! How about you, what are your plans?
those kids have been tough this year, huh? time to come up with some fun and potentially useful hobbies...like shooting. :)
Post a Comment