Saturday, May 17, 2008

Weekends are Short...Why Clean?!

I have the best weekends. I'll sum this one up so far in pictures:

Friday afternoon: My second grade team and aide--we threw a combined baby shower (with non-cheesy games) for the faculty. Nyla, Andrena, Linda, Heather, me.

Friday night: This is me, my wonderful friend Kristin's mom Becky, and...Byron Katie! We went to see her speak at Rice-Eccles Stadium (conference room)...and I was one of the people who got to do The Work with her! Hmm. This might need another post with a good explanation. (Later.)

Saturday morning: My wonderful friends Marianna, Bethany and Sarah! They, and their brother David, Dad, and Marianna's husband Tyler, were organizing the 5k in Draper this morning for the Association for Deaf Children. A couple hundred people showed up & it was only their 2nd annual event! My lucky #98 (the year I graduated) helped me get 5th place in womens! (I was totally pacing myself for a longer return route, then when I realized the finish was a lot closer than I expected I started bookin' it (relatively)...I could've taken 3rd if I'd have known the course better! Next year.) Come run the 5k in Springville with my sis & I next month!

Saturday afternoon: Craft day at Vo's! They made cute mod-podged wooden words for around their house, Allie painted pics for her little girl's room. (All exceptionally cute.) I worked on my quote book, ate muffins and slept off a headache.

Saturday evening: No picture, but then I went to temple night with my wonderful Linda friend (top pic, center) and her fun family, and our school secretary Sandi. These two ladies are my heroes.

Needless to say, my house and yard were sacrificed for these things. (Can you tell how disappointed I sound?)

1 comment:

Jen said...

You work with Nyla? How is she doing? Please tell her hi from me. I didn't know you almost went to Western! That is where I grew up! A half an hour north. Is your friend still living in Bellingham? How many more days left of school for you?